Rafael: Di Maria dazzles in training


In an exclusive interview with ManUtd.com, Rafael discusses his training highlights, including Angel Di Maria's ability to impress his team-mates and former star Paul Scholes' penchant for spectacular practice strikes...
Who was the best player in training today and why?Today, I would have to say it has been Angel Di Maria. We played 10 against 8 and he scored a great goal and he was really good.
Who scored the best goal you have ever seen in training?
This is an easy question! Paul Scholes. He scored maybe 20 goals that were, you know, wow! Maybe more than 20 like that in training. Ryan Giggsalso scored so many brilliant goals in training.
Which is the best goal you have ever scored in training?
I have scored many as well, to be honest. There are loads, I can’t remember! They were good ones though!
Who is the most competitive player in training?
I would say Chris Smalling - he is very good and very competitive in training.
So if you were picking your ideal five-a-side team, would you and Chris be in it?
Yes, I would put Chris and I together at the back with Antonio [Valencia], Wazza [Wayne Rooney] and Ander Herrera.
Which is your favourite part of training?
I like to play five against five or four against five, that type of game. I love it!

Comments



Don't miss this